Welcome to Ms. Pires's Teacher Page
Hello friends and families, I am Ms. Pires. I have been teaching 5th grade Bay Elementary School for 15 years. I am a first-generation Irish-Brazilian-American, and I cultivate diversity, leadership, and acceptance in my classroom. I am a strong believer in teaching responsibility, accountability, and respect. Open, honest, and direct communication and feedback are paramount to succeed in the classroom and in life. I am available to help you work with your child, together as a team. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My students are my biggest inspiration. They help me be a better person and teacher. Time outdoors in nature and at the beach are part of my daily life, along with quality time and people. Yoga and mindfulness help keep me grounded. Love is the absence of judgment. ~Dali Lama
I am a teacher, mentor, colleague, and friend with a sensitive heart. I attended San Francisco State University and received my BA in Psychology. I attended Chapman University and received my Multiple Subject Teaching Credential. As a life-long learner, I continue to attend trainings, conferences, workshops, and I take courses to keep up in this fast-paced world.
District Tools I Use
- Attendance: I take attendance using Aeries. You can stay on top of attendance through the Aeries Parent Portal or Aeries App.
- Report Cards: I use Aeries to generate report cards. Families can view report cards through the Aeries Parent Portal.
- Google Classroom: I use Google Classroom to manage assignments for writing in class and at home. Students have access to all classroom sites at home.
- Other Tools I Use:
- Math- I use Reasoning Minds, Prodigy, and Khan Academy to help students grow in math. Students have access to this site at home.
- Reading- I also use Newsela which offers students up-to-date, high-interest articles that meet students right at their level. Students have access to this site at home.
- Science and Reading- I use Learn 360 to show engaging educational videos to share with my class.
- All Academic-Subjects- I use Brain POP to show videos to helps students understand math, reading, writing, science, health, art & music, and engineering. Students watch, learn, and quiz themselves at their own pace.
- Scholastic- I use Scholastic to order books for the class and for students. Join my class and you can easily order books online using my class code: J6PRB.
- Kahoot- I use Kahoot as an interactive study game used on the Chromebooks. Students answer review questions and complete with each other for points. It the most popular game students enjoy playing.
- Go Noodle- Go Noodle has hundreds of videos that activate kids' bodies and brains when a brain break is needed.