- Fever 100 or higher
- shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- muscle or body aches
- persistent headache
- new loss of taste or smell
- sore throat
- congestion or runny nose
- nausea or vomiting
STUDENTS WITH SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19:
If any student, regardless of vaccination status or previous infection, is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, they must remain home for at least ten (10) calendar days unless ALL of the following requirements are met:
- Your child is feeling better AND
- Your child has been fever free for 24 hours without taking fever reducing medications such as acetaminophen (Tylenol), or ibuprofen (Advil or Motrin)
- Submit a Negative COVID Test Student Self Attestation Form stating a negative antigen test. This form is also on the Reopening Updates page.
- Provide proof of a negative PCR test. PCR testing is available through SLZUSD. Please see the website for current hours and locations.
- Your child’s medical evaluator (Doctor, Nurse Practitioner, Certified Physician's Assistant) provides a letter indicating that symptoms are NOT due to COVID-19
All requests for return prior to the 10 day isolation time frame are subject to review of the information above by our School Site and District COVID-19 Liaisons.
- Inform the school office immediately
- Isolate at home for at least 5 days
- In order to return to school:
- If unable to test or choosing not to test, and symptoms are not present or are resolving, isolation can end after day 10 and the student can return to school on Day 11.
- If symptoms, including fever, are still present/not resolving, continue to isolate until symptoms are resolved or until after day 10 (regardless of how many days are left in isolation).
- Wear a well-fitting mask around others for a total of 10 days, especially in indoor settings
STUDENTS WHO HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO COVID-19, but have no symptoms, INSCHOOL. Regardless of vaccination status or prior infection, who are NOT exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19:
- May remain at school and continue participating in all classroom based activities and sports/extracurricular activities
- Should get tested within 3-5 days after exposure
- Any FDA-approved antigen diagnostic test, PCR diagnostic test, or pooled PCR test is acceptable for evaluation of an individual's COVID-19 status. Our District currently offers PCR testing for all students. View the testing schedule here.
- For students who have been recently infected (within the past 90 days), antigen testing is strongly recommended as PCR results may remain persistently positive and not be indicative of a new active infection.