March 18, 2020
Dear Bay Community,
Happy belated St. Patrick’s Day! I know that this is not how any of us expected to spend this St. Patrick’s Day and I know we are all doing our best to get through this as a community.
With the shelter in place order in Alameda County, our school doors are shut and no one is allowed on campus right now. Our teachers spent hours creating at home lessons to make sure that your students continue to practice their school-based skills.
There are two ways for you to access the lessons and learning from our school.
- Electronic Access: Our amazing teachers at Bay School put links to their learning plans on their Edlio web sites. You can access them by clicking on the link below and then your teacher’s name. Our staff worked really hard on these plans and I can’t express to you how proud I am to be a member of the Bay School Community! Directions to access materials electronically:
- Click the Bay link: https://bay.slzusd.org/apps/staff/
- Click on your teacher’s name (arranged in order of grade level with SDC teachers at the bottom of the page)
- Click link “AT HOME WORK 3/17-4/6” on the right hand side of the page.
- Paper Packets: Packets will be available on Thursday, March 19th from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. School personnel will be in the loop. We will hand out packets so you do not need to get out of your car, but we will not be available to answer questions in an effort to keep us all safe. Please know your teacher’s name before you arrive as we will not be able to look up students. Please, if you are experiencing any symptoms of illness, stay home.
These plans in NO WAY make up for our students not being in school, but hopefully they will give you some tools to navigate days at home with your children. If you have questions, please feel free to reach out to me or to your child’s teacher by email.
PE Lessons by grade level can be found here: PE
Music Lessons by grade level can be found here: Music
If you are unable to access these resources or if the pick up times do not work for you, please let me know and we can make a plan together to make sure you get what you need. Email is the best way to reach me. firstname.lastname@example.org
We will get through this! Thank you for your patience and your support during this time. I will be doing a video message later today with a bonus “shelter in place” read aloud, so keep an eye on the YouTube channel. Be good to each other and remember, today and every day, it’s great to be a Bronco!
Principal, Bay School